Friday 16 March 2012

Bicycle Ride


One foot up sends one foot down the pedal

As I ride into the early hours of day

The sun light laces the horizon

As a new day breaks a night of yesterdays


All around I see few sleepy faces

Some bright as the sun, some lost in gloom of nay


They ask me “tell me if there is a better tomorrow

Where we’ll be no longer slaves or faced to shame

Tell me if I’ll live a day without the harrows

When I’ll sing a happy song with you in the rain”


We see others just as we see colors

Some we care, and some we cannot bother

But life is more than those pretty faces

There’s more to care as we perceive the need to share


Don’t nip the hopes of another budding story

Every flower takes time to bloom and bring some cheer


This is a time to wake better tomorrows

Where there’ll be no slaves or faces down in shame

There will be those days without the painful harrows

When we’ll sing together riding in the rain


To every picture, there’s a story told

To every life that breathes is a God who watches over


One foot up sends one foot down the pedal

As I ride into the early hours of day

The sun’s light has chased the darkness

Into another day of grace, I’ll ride today :)

3 comments: